- Prep time
- 30 min
- Total time
- 60 min
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 225g Woolwich Dairy CHEVRAI Sriracha Soft Unripened Goat Cheese log
- 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup Mornington goat milk
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 bunch of thyme, chopped
- tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- Boil the potatoes in salt water until tender, mash through a food mill.
- Mix with the remaining filling ingredients, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a mixer with the hook attachment.
- Lightly beat the eggs with a fork and mix with oil. Add to the dry ingredients.
- Once incorporated, slowly add the warm water until a dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out evenly and cut out rings using a ring cutter (about 3-4” in diameter).
- Place a dollop of the spicy goat cheese-potato filling into the center of each circle, divided evenly.
- Wet the dough around the rim with a touch of water to help the dumplings seal. Fold the rings over the filling into a half-moon shape and crimp tightly with fingers, making delicious little potato pockets. Set aside.
- Bring salt water to a boil and cook the pierogis for a minute. Remove from water, toss in a bit of oil to keep them from sticking.
- Heat a pan with some oil, and sauté the dumplings on both sides until golden brown. Serve with sour cream.